Friday, January 24, 2014

Blueberry Power Bars...er...Muffins....

So my husband works at a local ski resort during the winter.  He drives a snowmobile and assists ski patrol in medicals, but does a lot of other tasks as well.  He's quite the go-getter - all go, no quit!  Often times he does not get to sit down and eat his lunch and he will come home having not eaten anything all day.  He used to snack on Tiger's Milk Bars, but since becoming aware of how poisonous processed foods are to the human body, he no longer eats them.

He is happy he is doing a good thing for his body, but he really misses them!

So I did a bit of research in effort to provide some type of healthy snack that he could just pull right out of his pocket and chow down on.  I've collected many recipes for 'power bars', but I chose the blueberry ones to make first because the man LOVES his blueberries!

I was rather impressed with the recipe.  I actually made three batches total - blueberry, strawberry and pineapple.  The blueberry turned out the best.  I was going to tweak the recipe to make them not so moist (they were quite 'eggy'), but first I need to ask him if he wants me to pursue it.  I don't think he was looking for muffins as his snack!

In case you're interested in trying them yourself, you can find the recipe here.

Strawberry Power Muffins

Pineapple Power Muffins

Blueberry Power Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment