Friday, January 17, 2014

Readers Anonymous

If there was an anonymous group for all my hobbies, that would be great.  Scuba, Pyrography, Photography, Culinary...  Oh wait, if I went to Culinary Anonymous, my family would definitely starve, so that's out.  Okay, rabbit trail...

So am I a book addict, or do I just love words?  I think I just love words - when they're used correctly, that is.  Words are so powerful, aren't they? 

I recently joined a website called netgalley.com.  If you're an avid reader like me, you may be interested in what they offer.  Basically, you request a book that you're interested in reading; if your request is confirmed, you read the book, then you must write a 200+ word review on your blog (hence the creation of this one...).  Some publishers only accept reviews who have massive followings, but there are books that you can choose that are a "read now" option - us little people, we've got to start somewhere, yeah?  Many of the books have not yet been published - the publisher is looking for early reviews to get a feel for what's coming.  Kind of exciting to be on the front end!

Being a homeschool family, we get to find creative ways to learn critical thinking and communication.  I thought this would be a great resource to teach these skills!  The girls have enjoyed going through and requesting books in their favorite genres.

I have just finished reading my first book and am preparing to review it; I will post it in the next day or so.





No comments:

Post a Comment