Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Double Double Toilet Trouble

So we've been in our home for a little bit now, well, in March it will be a year.  We don't own it, but we have fantastic landlords!

Well, anybody would be fantastic compared to what we came from.

Couple days ago, I was showing Savannah exactly how the bathroom was to be cleaned.

Pay no attention to the detailed instructions in the clear page protector...

We were working on the toilet and she said, "Hey mom, the toilet's leaking."  I wrote it off , and told her it was just condensation that had collected and was dripping down.  She's like, "Uh, I don't think so..."

So I take a look, and sure enough, there's a pretty good drip going on.  I put my hand up on the tank and it rocked!  I have NEVER had a toilet tank do that before.  Well, when it rocked backward, a bit of water came out and ran into the toilet bowl.  AH!  It suddenly made sense why there is a hard water stain on the base near the tank.  Mind you, this stain was there when we moved in, and I had made mental note of it, wondering at the time why it was there.

So to continue, we wiped up the water and flushed the toilet.  We went into a bit of a frenzy when a trail of water began to snake across the floor!

Oh my.

So I sent a text to my landlord and he came over the following day to take a look at it.  He took the tank apart and studied the seal, which looked fine.  And at first he didn't see what the problem was, no leaking.  But finally it did leak (I AM VINDICATED!  I felt like I'd just taken my car to the mechanic and he said "What noise?").  He couldn't figure out where the leak was coming from and he said it didn't make any sense since the toilet was only a year old.  He said perhaps the tank was jarred which moved the seal.  Whatever, the bathroom is hardly used since it's the master bath, and we certainly don't use it as a mosh pit.

No, we use the living room for that!  Kidding.  We don't mosh.

So today he came back over with parts and fixed the toilet.

And our dripping shower.

Remember when I said we had fantastic landlords?  I wasn't kidding.  We are blessed.

OCD Moment:  When I was processing this photo, I started to reach out to my screen to rub the water spots out and make the chrome shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment